Sunday, September 24, 2006
Moving In
So I finally moved in with the host family! It's great. Really beyond my expectations. My room is big, my bed is HUGE, got my own TV, air con, remote-controlled ceiling lights, telephone and... to my great great surprise, wireless broadband!!! I really like it. The host mom cooks and does laundry hyper-fast. Good food too. In the living room is the biggest TV I've ever seen outside of a shop. It must be at least 54". Almost unreal. There are two other students living here, but other than us three, just the very kind mother and father. The house is big. Don't expect most Japanese people to live like this. The single bad thing with this place is its location. Going to the nearest train station takes about 25 minutes by bicycle and 30 mins by bus. I guess I could ride faster, but with the narrow roads and numerous crossings, I'm kind of hesitant. I was almost hit by a car while rushing to town in Uppsala last winter and it taught me it's better not to hurry (unless it's absolutely necessary of course) than to cut a few minutes from my commuting time...

From the station, there's an express train going all the way to my university, so once I get on I can relax and play DS or something (although it's usually extremely crowded in the morning, so I'm happy if I can lean against the wall). Takes 20 mins or so. All in all, it seems to take about 50 minutes to an hour to go to school. Not exactly what I'm used to, but it could be worse.

I hope this post answers a lot of your questions... but feel free to post below or ask me directly!
Comments:
hahaha you bum.. du har det sweet i tokyo kommer och raidar ditt lilla paradis med en dos svenskt svineri i vår! Kombanwa BIATCH!
 
crazay... ! //kikargossen
 
Post a Comment


<< Home